- Applying Spatial Data Technologies to Transportation - NHI Course #151039
This course was developed by FHWA in cooperation with the Bureau of Transportation Statistics. The overall course goal is to train and prepare participants in how to plan for and evaluate the implementation of a variety of transportation planning applications that rely on spatial data technologies.
More information is located in the National Highway Institute Course Catalog, or contact Mark Sarmiento at (202) 366-4828.
- Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) Training Opportunities
The website lists training sources available through FWS, sources for several of the major software programs in use in the FWS, and several schools with a number of GIS classes. The website also provides generic on-line GIS tutorials and links to tutorials and training.
- Geotechnical Instrumentation - NHI Course #32041
The NHI course is designed to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to plan, select, and implement instrumentation programs in geotechnical features for construction monitoring and performance verification. The course will discuss measurement tools, including recommendations for a systematic and complete approach to planning monitoring programs. The course presents recommendations for selecting proper instrumentation for various types of construction. Tasks covered include calibration, maintenance and installation of instrumentation, collection of data, processing and presentation of collected data, interpretation of processed data, and reporting of results.
- Local Technical Assistance Program (LTAP)
The LTAP provides training, technical assistance, and technology transfer to local communities across the nation. Search this site for local training opportunities in GIS.
- National Park Service's On-line GIS Training Courses
NPS offers several courses on this site that range from an overview of how to use ESRI's ArcView software to courses geared toward National Park Service employees. This site also contains links to other GIS training courses.
- National Enforcement Training Institute (NETI) of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
NETI offers a training course on environmental justice that includes an overview of GIS and other analytical tools helpful in understanding the issues.
- National Training Center (NTC) of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM)
NTC offers GIS courses, such as ArcGIS and ArcView Image Analysis: Image Preparation.
- National Wetlands Research Center (NWRC) of the US Geologic Survey (USGS)
NWRC offers courses on GIS designed to demonstrate GIS functionality and operations on a developed natural resource database, as well as a course on remote sensing, which emphasizes the use of aerial photography in assessing and mapping wetland vegetation.
- The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) Meeting Calendar
This URISA site maintains an up-to-date listing of conference, training programs, and workshops in GIS.