Many commercial vendors sell GIS software. This page provides links to some major commercial software vendors.
- Caliper Corporation - Caliper Corporation is the maker of the transportation planning software TransCAD and Maptitude. Caliper software products are supported with technical services in GIS applications and training, database development, and software customization.
- Cube - Cube is a family of software products that form a complete travel forecasting system providing capabilities for the comprehensive planning of transportation systems.
- Environmental Systems Research Institute - Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) is one of the largest GIS and mapping software companies. ESRI provides training and technical assistance throughout the nation.
- FreeGIS - The FreeGIS Project website offers access to free GIS software and data. Software overviews are also available at FreeGIS.
- GRASS GIS - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System (GRASS GIS) is an open source GIS used for data management, image processing, graphics production, spatial modeling, and visualization of many types of data.
- Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions - Intergraph Mapping and Geospatial Solutions provides GIS products, services, open technology, data integration, and people to help customers implement successful geospatial information-based solutions.
- ThinkBurst Media, Inc (GeoComm) - This website provides GIS application developers and other technical professionals an online source for all resources in their respective market. Various free GIS software is available for download.